01 Medical Officer, 02 Nursing Officer,1 Health Assistant
A safer Health care environment through the prevention and control of hospital associated infection.
Room No 29, Down Floor, Old OPD Premises
Providing knowledge, attitudes, practices and training based on standard precautions to minimize the health care associated infections for the advancement of the safe health care environment.
ROLE OF THE INFECTION CONTROL UNIT
- Maintain standard precautions and general infection control activities at in the hospital.
- Prevention and control of health care associated infections
- Specialized infection control activities such as theatre commissioning, designing and expert microbiological advice on designing specialized and other units spore test sampling.
- Healthcare associated infections (HAI) surveillance
- Training staff and patients
- Conducting infection control audits and related research
- Accidental exposure reporting and management
- Vaccination of patients and staff members
- Epidemiological services, notification, dengue e. surveillance, dengue sentinel site surveillance, ILI surveillance, AFP surveillance
- Outbreak detection and management
- Representing National advisory committee on infection control at the Ministry of Health
- Implementing guidelines & protocols
- Carryout the Programme set out by IPC committee
- Regular visits to all wards and units
- Monitor and manage incidents related to IPC(outbreaks, waste)
- Maintain of infection control registers