- Date 11 Jun 2016
- Staff 4 Consultants
- Consultant Dr. C.A. Amali Sarathchandra, Dr. T.D.A.R Kamalarathna, Dr. Nalaka Kankanamge, Dr. Thenuja Pathirana
- Category Department
ABOUT THIS DEPARTMENT
The Department of Radiology is highly specialized and provides the most important advances in state-of-the-art technology to patients ranging from simple x-rays to the Computerized Tomography Scanning.
Operational round the clock, it not only serves the diagnostic needs of all other departments in the hospital but caters to the diagnostic requirements of most of the neighboring Hospitals.
The Department of Radiology is a highly specialized, full-service department which strives to meet all patient and clinician needs in diagnostic imaging and image-guided therapies. Our Radiologists, Medical officers and other staff provide continuous support to an extensive inpatient and outpatient population to diagnose and treat disease 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Radiology department consists of 2 sections.
- Section 1 – Diagnostic , Section 2 – Interventional radiology
- From 2021 onwards performing radiology test line similar to the national hospital level.
- Catering special test line (eg: MRI, DSA, Cardiac-CT in and beyond Uva- province)
MRI initiated in 25th January 2021
Number of MRI Scans up to date 1012 / maximum 12 per day/ average 8
Performing all the applications
24hr x 7 days for emergencies
Has saved total cost Rs. 4Mn per month
New CT initiated in 05th February 2021
Performs special CT Imaging – Angiogram, total cerebral & cardiac perfusion studies
Number of CT Scans up to date 15,932 / maximum 160 per day/ average 100
Initiated of 28th April 2021
Number of DSA up to date – 33
Performs almost all interventional studies
- To operate 24hrs x 7 days
- To perform all the spectrum of studies